Celebrating Short Films, Television and New Media.
Our mission is to support filmmakers!
New Voice Short Film Festival is a unique program offering opportunities to new filmmakers to share their passion with others in their field. With the popularity of the Short Film genre increasing every year, options for festival directors have grown by leaps and bounds as the number of talented and as yet unknown filmmakers increases.
We believe that if the artist has the passion and determination to create the film, the film deserves to be seen. But with most festivals focused on entertaining local audiences, the filmmaker often falls to secondary importance. With New Voice, every film entered is judged on its own merits by our panel of professional industry personnel, helping to encourage and celebrate new and emerging filmmakers being our primary goal.
What kind of media we accept:
New Voice Short Film Festival is a powerful venue for films, documentaries, new and experimental media, television pilot programs, animation, educational programs, remixes & mashups, movie trailers, music videos (that tell an actual story), and webisodes. We are seeking three specific categories:
- Super Shorts: Films not more than 10 minutes in length.
- Center Shorts: Films longer than 10 minutes but no more than 25 minutes in length.
- Mega Shorts: Films longer than 25 minutes but no more than 45 minutes in length.
Where our filmmakers are from:
New Voice Short Film Festival is designed specifically for non-professional, non-union related filmmakers, whether currently at a university or other educational facility, part of a collaborative artists group, or dreamers who are attempting to go it alone. If the filmmaker, writer, director, and/or producer are at least 18 years of age , you are welcome to submit your film project.
Benefits of Participating:
• Being accepted into a traditional film festival can be far more difficult than most might anticipate. Having had a film project accepted to a festival often gives the filmmaker far better credibility when attempting to submit to other festivals.
• Peer Review – our judges are filmmakers who understand the craft and what audiences want.
• Having your film reviewed with feedback respectfully provided helps refine your film making ability so that you can continue to grow as you pursue your dreams.
• Winners of the three categories as well as one Best of Show winner will have their films premiered for public viewing at our premier gala and photo shoot.
AWARDS & PRIZES
Judging and Award Levels:
For the purposes of ensuring the best possible response time, we are limiting submissions to 150 for Super Shorts, 100 for Center Shorts, and only 50 for Mega Shorts. The first films to be submitted will be judged and scored on several levels of creativity. Each level will be granted a first place Encouraging Excellence award, a second place Celebration of Creativity award, and a third place Meritorious Mention award. Additionally, one Best of Show award will also be given, and could be selected from any of the three categories.
The judging takes place by in-house staff and a committee of industry professionals. With New Voice Short Film Festival, entries do not compete against each other; instead all entries are judged against a high standard of merit and are scored accordingly. Judges score entries on a performance scale and highest scoring dictates each categories winner. The top ten winners will have their film shown publicly at a gala event complete with photography and interviews. Additionally, notable artistic and technical productions will also be given honorable mention at this event.
Each submission received will be confirmed by Film Freeway and New Voice administrators via electronic mail.
After judging is completed, winners in all categories will be notified of their award and will be provided additional information such as links to winner’s laurels etc.